When you're riding your bike you get the great benefit of exercise and enjoying being outside. Follow these tips to ensure you stay safe on your ride:
- Wear a snug fitting helmet.
- Be sure to be seen by wearing bright colors and reflective clothing.
- Use lights and reflectors at night.
- Ride with traffic.
- Use bike lanes or ride near the right curb.
- Make your turns from the turn lanes.
- Obey traffic signs and signals.
- Use hand signals for turning or stopping.
- Respect the right of way of others.
- Be aware of cars and pedestrians.